Jade M. Kelly
Jade Kelly is an associate in the San Francisco office, where she is a member of the Health Care Practice Group. She focuses on transactional and regulatory matters.
Jade advises health care organizations on regulatory, transactional, and corporate compliance matters. Jade has worked on numerous health care business arrangements and transactions, including setting-up health care entities and integrated health care delivery systems, mergers and acquisitions, and negotiating and drafting management services agreements, professional services agreements, and recruitment contracts. In addition, Jade has extensive experience in counseling large institutional providers and other entities regarding compliance with privacy and security, substance abuse and mental health laws and regulations.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Jade worked at a boutique health care law firm in Southern California.
Publications, Presentations and Recognitions
Jade's publications and presentations include:
- "Hospital Medical Staff Members: Reconciling Peer Review and HIPAA," BNA's Health Law Reporter, April 16, 2015
- "Webinar on the Importance of Protecting Your Health Care Organization Against a Cybercrime Attack!," October 23, 2014
- Co-author, “State Healthcare Privacy Laws Survey,” American Health Lawyers Association; June 10, 2013
- Arent Fox's 2013 Medical Staff Leaders and the Law Conference, "HIPAA and the Medical Staff," Newport Beach, CA; February 8, 2013
- California Association Medical Staff Services (CAMSS) Long Beach Chapter 14th Annual Educational Conference, “HIPAA and the Medical Staff 2012,” Long Beach, CA; October 12, 2012
- California Association Medical Staff Services (CAMSS) Long Beach Chapter 13th Annual Educational Conference, “Wellness & the Absence of Diversion: A Balancing Act,” Long Beach, CA; October 14, 2011
- “The Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership: An Opportunity for New Zealand-United States Free Trade – Part II,” California International Law Journal, Vol. 19, No. 1; spring 2011
- “The Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership: An Opportunity for New Zealand-United States Free Trade – Part I,” California International Law Journal, Vol. 18, No. 4; fall 2010
Blog Posts by Jade M. Kelly
What’s the News?
On January 9, 2017, Presence Health agreed to settle with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) potential violations under the Breach Notification Rule of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). This is HHS’ first enforcement action against a covered entity that reported a breach, but did not do so timely.
On June 24, 2016, the non-profit Catholic Health Care Services of the Archdiocese of Philadelphia (CHCS) agreed to settle potential violations of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) Security Rule with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). This is HHS’ first resolution agreement and monetary penalty against a business associate (BA) under HIPAA.
ABOUT ARENT FOX LLP
Arent Fox LLP, founded in 1942, is internationally recognized in core practice areas where business and government intersect. With more than 350 lawyers, the firm provides strategic legal counsel and multidisciplinary solutions to clients that range from Fortune 500 corporations to trade associations. The firm has offices in Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, and Washington, DC.